Tuesday 4 November 2008

Autumn Quilt Show - Part 1

At the weekend DD and I went on a coach trip with the local Guild to the Autumn Quilt show at Malvern. We had a lovely day out, and Bronnie encouraged me at the traders as well!
Part of the exhibition was devoted to some really nice antique quilts.
I found this one a charming way to showcase a favourite fabric and use up some scraps at the same time.



Always difficult to photograph are the wholecloth quilts, but I had to try to capture some of the motifs used.



Scrap quilts are always nice.



This one was particularly inspiring. I have a few of these six-pointed stars that I have been hand-piecing when I'm waiting around for children. Now I know how I'm going o set them, although I think it will be a while before I have this many!



Finally, Bronnie and I took one of the mini workshops with Pat Archibald. We still have to finish our Poinsettias off, but she really enjoyed using the foils to add the sparkle.

No comments: