Tuesday 9 July 2013

I'm going to the Fat Quarterly Retreat!

Next weekend I am off to the Fat Quarterly retreat in London (after we have been to DS's graduation in Aberystwyth!)
I booked this weekend months ago with money I was given for a special birthday - so you could say I'm still celebrating!
There's a linky party of the Fat Quarterly blog, so I thought I'd better introduce myself. I live in Wales with my husband, 2 kids and very fat cat and have been quilting since 2000. I can't really describe my style as I just love all quilts, traditional, modern, arty, utilitarian - all of 'em.
At the Irregular Choice shop in Carnaby Street earlier in the year, wearing favourite colour pink and carrying my lovely red satchel ( another special birthday present). And these are the fabulous shoes I bought that day! Those rosettes are made of tape measures.
Perfect quilter's shoes don't you agree?

I'm looking forward to the retreat, meeting the other attendees and joining in with the classes
Spring Carnival with Katy Jones
Portholes with Lu Summers

and tabletop sessions

Fantasy Fabric Shop with Kerry Green
Needleturn Appliqué with Mandy Noble

My name badge has been made by Katy at The Littlest Thistle. Thank you Katy, I love it!

7 comments:

mammafairy said...

see you in those portholes, then..

Nicole Follow the White Bunny said...

That's a lovely name tag :) We're not taking the same classes but perhaps we'll meet anyway...

verykerryberry said...

Love those shoes! A compulsory purchase I think!

Strawberry Patch said...

I walked past that shop earlier this year with very wistful glances!

Elisabeth said...

Lovely shoes, I would have bought them too ;-) I'm not in any of your classes but I'm sure we'll meet at some stage.

Kelly said...

Fab shoes - see you Friday!

Australian business toll free numbers said...

Cute We're not taking the same classes but perhaps we'll meet anyway...