Monday 3 December 2007

Monday and it's time to check in

I've not had a very quilty time in the last week. I managed to fall off the horse when I went riding last Wednesday, and ended up very stiff and sore for a few days. Silly me caught my heel on the saddle trying to dismount and ended up flat on my back beside my mount. Chess just looked at me with a puzzled look on his face!
This meant that I really haven't had much inclination to do any sewing ( haven't really been able to physically either).
Although I did have a nice time at the Cardiff Quilters Christmas party on Saturday. We had a couple of traders, but I resisted the fabrics despite the lady having some very nice rolls of Daiwabo fabrics. I did come home with the new Kaffe Fassett book though ( well I had been given a refund from a class that was cancelled so it was like it was free!). After lunch we had a lovely speaker, Bobby Britnell (her website is here). She brought along some lovely artworks, both quilts and drawings/paintings. I had seen some of them before at various Six exhibitions, but its always nice to re-acquaint oneself with great quilts. I particularly liked the daisy and bookcase quilts, and some little box frames filled with embellished squares that reminded me of the inchies I have seen on Kates blog. Perhaps after Christmas I'll have a go at making some.
Anyway, now that my back and neck are feeling much better, I have been cutting int some of the fat quarters in my challenge box. I've only started on about half a dozen so far, but from each of them I have cut a 10.5 inch square and some 2.5 inch strips. The squares I will piece to make a backing for a scrappy lap quilt, and the strips will go into further Crayon Box blocks.
When I've got a reasonable amount cut, I'll start piecing again. For now, I'll just have to make do with 'unsewing' the quilting I did on my Christmas table runner ( the decorative stitching I wanted to use just isn't working out, so it all needs to be unpicked again!)

1 comment:

Gina said...

Ooh I feel for you. I used to own some horses so I've spent quite a time sat on my backside with the horse looking down on me. i still ache just thinking about it.

love and hugs xxx