Sunday 18 May 2008

Dear Jane

I have recently added this Dear Jane blog to my list of blogs that I like to follow. Anina has some great mini tutorials on each of the blocks that they are making. I haven't yet followed her reverse applique instructions yet (I'm not great at the 'A' stuff) but I will.

I started making blocks from the Dear Jane book years ago, and then got sidetracked and put them away - as we all do. However, thanks to the Dear Baby Jane group and a lady from Swansea Quilters, I have been inspired to look them out and try again. So just for Judith, here are the Liberty blocks I made back then. I thought I had more of them, but this seems to be the lot, and I don't have lots of the white background fabric, but I think I'll make a few more and then put them together into a completed project. Some of them look a bit big as I haven't trimmed them down yet, and one or two are a bit wonky, but here they are...




I'm pretty certain that I have some swap blocks kicking around too, so I'll find those next. Otherwise, I will be getting to grips with the software and making scrappy blocks to continue with my stash-using-up.

1 comment:

AmyB said...

Holy cow -- these are beautiful! I love Liberty...