Sunday 18 May 2008

Quilts UK

I had a lovely day off work on Friday, and drove up to Malvern to the Quilts UK show. I went up on my own, but as is always the thing with quilt shows, I met lots of quilters that I knew. I did look out for Tonya, but I didn't see her.
There were some stunning quilts there, I especially liked the scrappy double wedding ring with beautiful hand quilting. I don't see one of those in my future though - much as I would like it!
I don't know if it's the case, but there seemed to be less quilts this year, which is a shame. Maybe the Festival of Quilts is having an effect. Perhaps i will put a quilt in again next year. I've only done this once before, and if people don't enter their quilts there will be nothing for us all to go and look at.

As, I managed some shopping at the traders - Dear Jane software, some reproduction fat quarters, hand painted sock wool( I know that's not quilty, but it is lovely!), magazines and bits and pieces. All in all, a good day.

No comments: