Friday 25 September 2009

Lace

This week I have had a really yucky head cold, and so I've been home from work for a few days. I didn't feel well enough to do anything initially, but have just found the energy to pick up my knitting needles again after a very long time.

I've fancied trying my hand at a lace scarf for a while now, so I have started this. The yarn and pattern were bought some time ago at a craft fair in Cardiff, and the yarn is a Greek cotton. It's coming along quite nicely now, but initially I had a real nigtmare with it. I think I ripped the firt 20 or so rows out at least 10 times. Each time I had the wrong number of stitches on the needles at the end of the row. Hopefully I have now got the design fixed in my head. The pattern isnt difficult, but obviously it took a while for my 'knitting' brain to kick in.



Not bad progress for now.

No comments: