Monday 21 September 2009

New Toy!

The summer holidays are now well and truly over now, and the nights are drawing in ready for winter. This means that I'm back to leaving work in time to meet the children after school ( I know that they're teenagers, but I like to be around for them). My quilting life can start again now properly now that I have more time.

I also have a new toy!
My husband gave me my very own net book for my birthday today. This will help with keeping my blog up to date. No more fighting with the family to use the PC coz this dinky little machine is all mine! And the main thing I'm going to do is keep my blog up to date! I promise!

I'll have to have a think about what happened over the summer.
I did get to the Festival of Quilts with my daughter. We had a lovely 3 days together, took some classes, caught up with other quilters and generally enjoyed the show. Bronwen was lucky enough to win one of the Little Gem quilts in the Guild tombola. It's very cute as you can see.



I have done the odd bit of stitching, applique melons and hexagons, but I did make this table mat. The idea came from the Moda Bake Shop website. To make a floor mat would use up quite a lot of scraps I think, so perhaps I'll carry on braiding.



Now I'm going to catch up with some blogs ....

No comments: