Monday 6 May 2013

Back Once Again

I can't believe how long it has been since I've posted on here. Life just got in the way. Now I have my mojo back, there's a quilt on the design wall in my new little quilting space, and I'm planning a trip to the Fat Quarterly retreat in London in the summer. So perhaps I will have more to say on this lttle blog once more. The quilt on my design wall uses a package of Oakshott cottons that I've had for some time now. I cut the pieces into half square triangles using a Baby Go die and started constructing zig-zag blocks I've admired the zig-zag quilts that I have appeared on various blogs, and fancied creating one myself. I wasn't completely satisfied with this layout, and have re-arranged things to give a less 'blocky' effect but I don't have a photo yet. I have started stiching the whole together now, so I'll post a picture of the top when it's done. The aim is to get the centre done in time to get some border/backing fabric at Malvern later this month.

No comments: