Monday 20 May 2013

Just a Bit Naughty!

I did have a lovely day yesterday at the Malvern quilt show with my Mum. The sun was shining and we were able to sit and enjoy the beautiful surroundings during our lunch break. There were some lovely quilts on display, although there seemed to be less entries this year. Perhaps I'll have to enter one next year, I have entered once before and do feel that even if your entry is comparatively simple it's still inspiring for someone. Saying that, the simple entry I submitted was hung next to a stunning appliqued/embroidered tiger that did make me feel just a teeny bit inadequate. I also managed to do some shopping too ( don't we all! ). Into my basket fell a new die for my Accuquilt Baby Go some thread for applique Sweet Tea and Green Beans pattern together with a couple of the block background fabrics
Liberty FQs for my retreat swap
a packet of Kaffe Fassett fat eighths for an on-going project
and this. I looked down when I was paying for my die and my hand was resting on it at the stall so I had to have it!
All in all a good day was had, now to get on with some stitching.

No comments: