Wednesday 24 February 2010

Mid week catch-up

Something quilty to report this week. I have started a new project! I took a jelly roll class with Marion from Marion's Patchworks on Saturday. I used the Love You roll by Moda, simply because I loved the little owls. I do have a recipient in mind for this quilt, and I'd like to get it to her before she grows up, so I plan to get this one finished as quickly as I can. I have lots of units and bits cut, but only managed to finish 1 block on the day.
It's looking good though the orange is a bit brighter in reality.





It was the half term holiday at schools here last week. I had to work but managed a couple of days off with the kids. We finished off the week with a concert, 30 Seconds To Mars.Absolutely brilliant!
If you're wondering, Jared Leto was in the film 'How to Make an American Quilt'. I did threaten the kids that I was going to storm the stage to ask him about the quilts - but I behaved myself! Bron's friend did manage to get on stage, but she didn't ask about quilts!





And finally, just because he's so cute, DJ has learned how to beg!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Hi teresa - got to ask where you got that jelly roll. I think i need one -in fact I'm sure I do lol! Love your block and well done on the crochet.

Sharon said...

You have been a busy girl! I'm quite jealous that you're actually using one of your jelly rolls. Love the crochet as well.