Tuesday 22 January 2008

Getting some stitching done at last!

At last I seem to have got over all of the goings-on round here and the funk that have kept me out of my little sanctuary lately.
I haven't managed anything major yet that's worthy of photographs, but I have done some more scrap cutting and worked on the blocks currently in progress. I have just finished another 3 Crayon Box blocks, and the final 6 are in progress. Hopefully I should get these done tomorrow, then I can get going on the sashing.

As well as cutting-and-stitching, I have been trying to pull fabrics together for some classes I have coming up. I need plains for a landscape class with Ineke Berlyn, scraps for a class with Katherine Guerrier and 6 fat quarters for a class with Judi Mendelssohn - all in the next 5 weeks! I don't normally take so many classes at once, but it just so happened that these were all not to be missed opportunities that have come up. Perhaps I had better book some time with the local long arm quilter. I have had a king sized quilt quilted by her, but I have also used her for basting smaller tops for me. Sandwiching and basting are my least favourite quilting tasks and I am more than happy to pay to have this chore done for me!

No comments: