Saturday 12 January 2008

Saturday catch-up

There has still been no quilty stuff going on round here lately. I'm getting quite twitchy now - I really need to get into my little room and make something. I managed to iron some fqs ready for cutting up last night to finish of the blocks for my crayon box quilt, but that's as far as it goes.

After a hectic and stressful week at work, I took a little trip to my local quilt shop on my way home yesterday. I had to pay the balance on a workshop I'm taking at the end of the month with Ineke Berlyn. While I was there, I picked up some fabrics for my Four Seasons swap quilt. As usual, I've changed my mind about what I'm doing several times, but I have fixed on one idea now and am raring to go. I've missed the light today as we've been out, but Ill post a piccie of the fabrics tomorrow morning.

We've been out for much of the day today, first off was a visit to the Cat Protection rescue centre where we have chosen a new member of the family. Her name is Icicle a lovely friendly tabby and we hope that she will come to live with us next weekend. Bronnie is beside herself with excitement, its just as well she's gone to a sleepover and the girls will occupy her for the evening.
We finished off the day with a trip to town once we'd dropped Bronnie off at her friends, it's her birthday on Friday so we needed to get some gifts for her. It being so close to Christmas, she doesn't really want anything in particular, but we got some books and a dvd, and I think I'll take her for a little clothes shopping trip next weekend, she'll enjoy that.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

OOH - how lovely - a new kitty !! We have 3 but I am really tempted sometimes to get another - I love ours so much. Can't wait to see a picture.

Gina said...

I think I just missed you at Busy Bees. I'm really looking forward to the workshop

love and hugs xxx