Monday 24 September 2007

Quilty Weekend

I've had quite a busy weekend here in Wales. We celebrated my birthday and went for a nice family meal out and went to a quilt stash sale with on Saturday. I managed to pick up a few useful bits and pieces, little sample squares ( I can now finish off the quilt I started with some of these once before!), some pale scraps and strips ( my stash is predominantly bright, so neutrals will come in handy) and a couple of larger bits of fabric.

I have managed to get the borders on my Four Seasons quilt, and have completed the quilting. I just need to get the binding finished now, it should be in the post by Wednesday I hope. I will post a picture of the completed quilt once it has arrived at it's destination - I am very pleased with it, so lets hope the recipient likes it!

We spent yesterday in Swansea where DH was running in the Swansea Bay 10K. He had another good run (20Th overall) so the soaking we had from the rain was made worthwhile! LOL!

For my birthday a quilty friend gave me a lovely Moda tin containing the pattern for a mini quilt and a pack of Sanctuary charm squares. I had planned to go onto a ufo when the Four Seasons quilt is finished, but it looks like I may get distracted by this little project instead!

No comments: