Wednesday 12 September 2007

Yay! Normal service resumes!

Woohoo! At last I have managed a lovely uninterrupted hour in my sewing room!
It feels great!

I have got lots to be getting on with, but thought I would celebrate the occasion with a bit of fun.

A while ago I saw a little quilt made with free-pieced triangles on Anne's blog
and really liked the idea of not measuring or anything , just going for it.
So, I made these blocks to test the theory ( thank you Anne for the inspiration, I hope you dont mind my having a go too):



Unfortunately I only made 8, and as its just a bit of playing at the moment, I didn't really want to have to make a load more, so I used some of the leftover strips to make a different block for the centre.



I am loving how this is going together, and as soon as I get the borders done I'll show you more.

The fabrics were some small bits that I had dyed ages ago and have been keeping for 'best' ever since. So this little project works on 2 levels, playtime and using up a bit of the fabric stash!

Thank you for the encouraging comments, we had a lovely weekend in Lake Vyrnwy, and DH came 3rd in the half marathon ( out of a field of 1500!).

Now back to cutting out my 4 seasons quilt.....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your triangles look lovely - gorgeous hand dyed colours

Kate North said...

The triangles look great, Teresa - I liked them when I saw them on Anne's blog, and I like them on yours, too - guess that's another thing for The List... :)

YankeeQuilter said...

These triangle really show how beautiful the fabrics are...Congrats to your DH!