Saturday 6 October 2007

Mum'n'daughter time

I hope that you're having a nice weekend. Today has been pretty hectic, but great fun. My quilting group, Cardiff Quilters, were hosting a visit by the Swansea Quilters so the day started early with setting out tables etc. Various members did demonstrations and I did the stamping on fabric one that I did at the Festival of Quilts. It seemed to go down well, and lots of ladies made quilt labels with some of my Welsh/Celtic-themed stamps to take home. Late in the morning my husband picked up DD, Bronwen, who was at a friends sleepover party. She joined us for lunch and then the two of us went to a local quilt shop for a little class in the afternoon. This is the first time Bronwen has been to a grownup quilting class, and she enjoyed it, although she did get a bit frustrated with the hand stitching ( tired from the sleepover I think!) We made pictures with Suffolk puffs finished off with a button. Bronwen needs to complete her background, and then I'll post some photos tomorrow when they're done

No comments: